A day in the life


I often get asked about books we are reading, games we play, etc. So, once a week, I'll try to post the new happenings around these parts.


What we're....
READING (on my own): Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
READING (as a family): The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick (The recently announced Caldecott Winner for this year which is incidentally, the first novel to have ever won the Caldecott (award honoring illustrations))
READING TOGETHER (just me and Zeal): The Scarecrow and His Servant by Philip Pullman
TALKING ABOUT: the intricate workings of Scooby Doo (I'm baffled by this dog's presence in our lives these days)
COOKING: a pot of rice and dal makhani
PLAYING: Monopoly (darn, this kid is a heck of a banker!)
LISTENING TO: Patsy Cline
WATCHING: the daffodils pop up! (Oh my, there are 8 now!)

0 comments: