My not-so-Dirty Little Secret

I'm in the midst of a semi-busy week. Of course, I'm supporting Zeal as he has all sorts of projects he's involved in - among other things, he's getting some special birthday projects ready, working on a project for his book club about the legend of Hanuman, and is in the final weeks of his preparation for the 2nd Annual Eugene Kids Marathon (6 miles to go!)

Amongst all this fun stuff, a few great blog stops are happening (all giving away copies of Child of Wonder), here, here, and here.

I've started getting emotionally ready for my trip to Los Angeles in a few days. I'll be signing books at the LA Times Festival of Books. With over 140,000 people attending and 450+ authors, they are calling it a weekend of bookspotting . I'll be signing books in booth #620 on Sunday from 11am-1PM.

And here's where my secret comes in. I'm excited about going and being able to sign books, believe me, I am. But my real excitement comes from the fact that I will able to get these people's autographs on my favorites of theirs: Maxine Hong Kingston, Cornelia Funke, David Weisner, José-Luis Orozco, and Mo Willems. All in one place!

There it is, cat's out of the bag, I'm a book author-autograph-groupie, and I love getting autographs on my thousands of books gracing our shelves. If it's any consolation, I always have them sign them to Zeal. Someday he might just love them as much as I do.

0 comments: